WA Indian Docs™ is an independent and autonomous professional and social organisation of medical practitioners of Indian origin. WA Indian Docs™ also welcomes in its fold all medical practitioners from Indian subcontinent as well as Indian-origin doctors from overseas origin (such as Malaysia, Kenya, South Africa, Mauritius etc) who would like to be affiliated with WA Indian Docs™.
In the current healthcare environment within Western Australia, there has been a perennial lack of an organisation to look after the semi-professional and social needs of medical practitioners of Indian origin.
To represent and serve the needs of medical practitioners of Indian subcontinent origin and to promote the well-being of the Western Australian community.
Strategic Aims and Objectives of WA Indian Docs™:
- To safeguard the interests of member medical practitioners of Indian origin in Western Australia including International Medical Graduates and trainee junior doctors
- To enrich the professional and educational priorities of its members
- To develop a culture of professional networking, communication and mentorship within its membership
- To act as an agency of lobbying and influence to safeguard the interests of member medical practitioners and their untiring contribution to the Western Australian community
- To maintain a philosophical, social, cultural and charitable focus through the responsible behaviour of the organisation and its members
- To uphold and promote the well-being of all patients served within the Western Australian community
- To conduct and advocate social responsibility and charity for the needy and disadvantaged